Blackheads are a common problem faced by every girl in a day to day life and that too these nasty dark spots on the nose make your face look more miserable.
Let’s understand why these spots occur and how you can easily remove these blackheads?
What are blackheads?
Blackheads also called ‘open comedones’ are a skin condition in which pores of the skin are blocked leading to small bumps caused by clogged hair follicles embedded in the skin making it look dark and black. Blackheads are considered as the symptoms of acne as they are the first stage of acne.
Due to larger pores, the dirt gets trapped and gives it a darker appearance. The major reason behind blackheads is melanin oxidation. Trapping of sebum an oily substance can also lead to blackheads. Blackheads can develop anywhere on the skin but are common and populate more easily on the nose making our nose look dark and bad.
Causes of Blackheads
- Overproduction of sebum or too much body oil
- Heavy sweating or humidity
- Hormonal changes can also lead to blackheads especially in girls during menstruation or puberty age.
- Dietary factors like eating unhygienic food or junk food. Caffeine or alcohol may be on one the reasons
- Oily skin by birth
- Using inappropriate skin products which ultimately leads to blocking of skin pores
- Girls sleeping with makeup also tend to face this problem as makeup leads to clogged pores.
Blackheads are not a big skin problem which cannot be treated. It can be treated at home easily. Use quick home remedies and get the best results overnight. Always treat blackhead at early stages because they may lead to acne which nobody likes on their face.
Miraculous Home treatments to get rid of Blackheads
Strawberry is known for its exfoliating properties moreover are rich in vitamin C. the alkaline nature of strawberries cleanse the pores and reduces swelling due to blackheads. It treats skin dryness and moisturizes it as well.
- 1 strawberry
- ½ spoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Crush strawberries and mash them with honey and lemon juice
- Make a coarse paste and the combination of these three treats blackheads and give you overnight results
- Apply the mask and keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with water. Afterward once the blackheads are softened you a nose extractor to extract those blackheads.
2. Oatmeal, yogurt, and Rosewater
Oatmeal works as a scrub which exfoliates your skin and cleans out the dirt hindering your pores. Rose water acts as a natural toner for skin which helps in tightening the pores. Yogurt helps in softening the skin. Before using this scrub take a facial steam which softens the pores and makes it easier to remove blackheads.
- Two tablespoon oatmeal
- Three tablespoon yogurt
- Few drops of rose water
- Mix oatmeal, yogurt and rose water in a bowl.
- Apply the paste and keep it for half an hour and massage your face in circular motions.
- Rinse and pat dry. Moisturize and do this daily for clear skin.
- You can use face steam before the scrub mask. All you need to do is boil water in large bowl and lean your face over the bowl covering your head with a towel. Keep your face like this for 5-10 minutes. It will open all the pores and make the clogged pores smoother.
- After steaming you can apply the oatmeal facial scrub for best results.
3. Clay mask
Cosmetic clay is easily available in stores in powdered form. This will dry the pores and remove the unwanted residue from pores unclogging them. Clay is rich in minerals and treats number of skin issues.
- Cosmetic clay or bentonite clay
- Water/ apple cider
- Mix 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay with water or apple cider vinegar.
- It will form a thick paste. Apply it and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- This paste as it dries will make your face tightening or may lead to irritation on the face if left long.
- Rinse off with warm water and apply moisturizer to your nose.
4. Goodness of milk, honey and lemon
Lemon is the most popular way of treating blackheads as it removes the deepest blackheads. It is rich in vitamin c and its antioxidant properties make it a perfect ingredient to treat blackheads. Lemon acts an astringent which shrinks your skin pores. Milk, on the other hand, has lactic acid which softens the skin and honey are said to have antibacterial properties to treat any blackhead in a faster way.
You can use all the three ingredients individually as they treat blackhead really quick.
- 2-3 teaspoon raw milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Few drops of lemon juice
- You can make cotton strips or use it as a mask.
- Mix raw milk, honey, and lemon juice. You can add rose water as well.
- You can mix as many ingredients as you want to increase the goodness and richness of this mask.
- You can add yogurt as well.
- Apply the mask and keep it for half an hour or till it dries.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and you don’t need to worry about moisturizing your skin as milk and honey will do that part for you.
5. Sugar and olive oil/jojoba oil scrub
This scrub is the best for exfoliating and moisturizing your skin. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells which are responsible for clogging your pores. Olive oil/jojoba will act as good skin oil and moisturizer to sooth your skin. Jojoba oil matches the skin oils and decreases the production of sebum which is responsible for blackheads.
- 4 teaspoon jojoba or olive oil
- Sugar or brown sugar
- Mix jojoba oil and sugar in a jar.
- No grains should be left. Keep the jar aside and let it sit for hours.
- Apply it on wet face and do circular motions. It gives you instant results and you can store this mixture as well.
- Pat dry and don’t forget to moisturize your face as this can cause skin irritation if you keep it for the longer duration.
Read More: Home Remedies for Kidney Infection
6. Mint and apple cider toner
Apple cider vinegar helps in the breakdown of clogging by removing whatever is blocking the pores. On the other hand, mint not only tightens your skin but also treats inflammation caused during picking. This mixture together works wonders as an excellent toner.
- Finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar
- Cotton balls
- Mix chopped or crushed mint leaves with apple cider vinegar in a jar and keeps it aside.
- Afterward mix water with the mixture and refrigerate it for 6 days.
- Now use this as a toner. Dip cotton balls in the mixture and apply on the affected nose and areas on the face.
- Leave it overnight and rinse it off when you wake up.
- Apply this on regular basis for better results and don’t forget to moisturize your face.
7. Turmeric and mint
Turmeric has a component curcumin which is antimicrobial in nature and improves the health of the skin. On the other hand, mint has cooling properties and soothes the skin. The combination of two helps you get rid of blackheads.
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 spoon mint juice/ mint leaves
- Mix turmeric with mint juice or crush mint leaves to extract mint juice.
- Apply the mixture and keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry. You can apply this mask once a week.
Tomato helps in de-clogging pores as it has antiseptic properties. It contains lycopene which exerts strong antioxidants which remove all the free radicals which are responsible for skin damage.
- 1 tomato
- Take a small tomato and peel it. Extract the tomato juice.
- Apply it on the face and leave it overnight.
- Wash your face in morning and see the wondrous results when you wake up.
9. Cinnamon strips
Cinnamon is considered to improve blood circulation making your skin smooth and healthy. Cinnamon can be best paired with honey or lemon to make that perfect mask treat blackheads. The pore strips it pulls out sebum and dead cells out of the pore.
You can use it as a scrub mask or can use it for strips as well.
- Half teaspoon cinnamon
- One teaspoon honey
- Mix cinnamon and honey to make a thick consistency paste.
- Apply it for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- You can make cinnamon strips at home.
- Apply a thin layer of cinnamon and honey paste and apply cotton over it.
- Let cotton sit on the nose for 5-10 minutes and once it dries remove the strip.
- Strips are recommended as they pull out the blackheads easily.
10. Try Toothpaste and salt
Toothpaste works as facial veils which help draw oil and dirt from skin. It discloses clogged pores in order to treat blackheads and draws out contamination. Some toothpaste has mint which kills bacteria. Salt removes excess oil in the skin.
- Mint toothpaste
- Pinch of salt
- Mix mint toothpaste with a pinch of salt.
- Apply the paste on your nose and keep it for 5-10 minutes.
- Now apply some water and start massaging your nose for few minutes. Along with massaging, you can try squeezing as well to take the blackheads off your nose.
- Clean your nose and apply ice cube.
- Application of ice cube will close all the pores and reduces the chances of future blackheads.
11. Egg white mask
Egg white is a rich source of protein and nutrients which can tighten the pores immediately and also reduces the chances of future blackheads.
- One egg
- Facial tissue or toilet paper
- Small bowl
- Clean towel
- Separate the yolk from the egg and extract the egg white.
- Clean your face first with a face cleanser.
- Pat your face dry and apply this egg white on your nose.
- Apply the first layer of egg white and let it dry. Apply the second and then the third layer.
- It will make you feel tight and let the egg white stick to your nose.
- Once it is completely dry pull off the egg white thick layer or you can use a wet towel to clean your nose by wiping out the egg white.
- Pat your nose dry.
12. Green tea
You can either drink a cup of green tea which is extremely beneficial for skin or you can apply it on the nose as well. Green tea diminishes skin oil and acts as a perfect antioxidant to flush out toxins from the body and secures you from future damage.
If you want to use green tea as a face pack here are the steps:
- 1-2 green tea bags
- Mix the tea leaves with water to make a thin paste.
- You can boil the tea leaves in water and then crush them when they become soft.
- Apply on face for few minutes and rinse off.
- Pat dry and moisturize your face.
- You can use baking soda for treating blackheads.
- Coconut oil and tea tree oil also do wonders in treating blackheads.
- You can use the method of squeezing to take off blackheads.
- Steaming your face can also help.
- Aspirin mask can also help you.
- You can use activated charcoal to pull out blackheads.
- You can treat your nose with glue.
- Additionally, Epsom salt, fenugreek seeds, and cornmeal can be used as the home remedy to get rid of blackheads.
You can stick with any of these home remedies and you will get 100% results. You will get the flawless nose overnight by treating it with these home remedies.