For all the beautiful ladies who are always worried about their skin here are the simplest and most amazing homemade scrubs for all skin types. Some of us have dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin or acne prone skin and we are always worried what suits better for our skin type. Here is the solution.
Scrubbing is one of the most important steps when we talk about the skin care as it not only removes all the blackheads but also exfoliate and moisturize your skin making it look glowing and fresh.
Spend less and get the best results by trying these best suited and very economical homemade scrubs for your skin.
1. Homemade scrubs for Oily Skin:
This scrub is the simplest and easy to make. All you need is a cucumber and you will get rid of the oily skin. Cucumber has got a lot of skin benefits like it revitalizes skin, rejuvenates skin, sooths skin by reversing the skin tanning and treats blemishes.
- Take a cucumber and mash it.
- Apply it on face and massage it in one direction for a clear and oil free skin
- Rinse it off with cold water and pat dry.
Strawberry, oats and lime juice scrub
This is an amazing scrub for oily skin. All you need is strawberry, oats and lime juice and you get the best scrub for getting an oil free face. Lime has the bleaching properties which give you glowing skin and strawberry helps in reducing oil on skin and also reduces acne on skin.
You should try this scrub if you are facing the problem of acne due to oily skin.
- Mash 2-3 ripe strawberries, 2 teaspoon oats and half teaspoon lemon juice and grind them to make a thin paste.
- Apply on face avoiding eyes. Focus on forehead and nose as these areas are most oily. Rinse with cold water.
- You will get instant results.
2. Homemade scrubs for Dry Skin:
Rose petal scrub
The best part about this luscious body and face scrub is you can store it and use it any time you want it. This scrub can also be used as a beauty gift to one of your friend. The natural oils present in rose petals help in maintaining moisture and it is a natural toner for dry skin. Coconut oil in this mask will work as a deep conditioner and will soothe your dry skin. Almond oil is rich in vitamin E which will make your skin healthy by removing all the impurities and dead cells. Try this amazing scrub by following the method given below:
Read More: Natural Acne Remedies
- Take a jar and pour the coconut oil and add the rose petals
- Then add brown sugar and top it up with almond oil
- All you need to do is take a large teaspoonful and then massage it into your skin and rinse well. You will get a glowing and smooth skin.
This is an amazing homemade scrub for dry skin especially in winters. This scrub contains the goodness of olive oil, vanilla extract and coffee grounds. It not only gives you a clear skin but also moisturizes your skin to leave it healthy and smooth.
- Take ¼ cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 1 cup brown sugar, 15 drops of peppermint essential oil and ½ cup brewed coffee grounds.
- Mix and blend all the ingredients and apply it all over your body and face especially rough spots like knees, face and heels.
- You will feel the goodness of a moisturizer as well as a scrub. The end results of this scrub are amazing and it’s perfect to be used in winters as a body and face moisturizer.
3. Homemade Scrub For Acne Prone Skin:
Cinnamon and honey mask
Honey and Cinnamon makes a great combo when it comes to acne. It may sound strange as Honey is sticky, and cinnamon is spicy, but girls this is true as cinnamon fights bacteria and honey is a natural antibiotic as its high viscosity provides a protective barrier for your skin to prevent any skin infections.
- Use 2:1 portion of honey and cinnamon respectively and mix well.
- Apply on face and leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse off.
Curd and papaya scrub
Raw papaya is the one of the best ingredient for acne prone skin as it removes excess dead skin cells and excess lipids from skin leaving it more soft and smooth. Curd helps in attaining crystal clear skin as well as externally plus it leaves your skin with gleam and smoothness.
- Mix half cup of ripe mashed papaya with two tablespoon of curd, one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey.
- Massage this scrub on your skin in circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
Aloe vera gel scrub for acne
Aloe Vera gel is one of the best home remedy for acne and one of the best natural ingredient for all skin types. Aloe Vera is not only soothing to the skin but it also has antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties which reduce acne and makes the skin looks healthy if used on a regular basis. Gram flour or we can call it besan is the best homemade ingredient suggested by our grannies for skin. It not only fights pimples but gives your skin an instant glow. It is one of the best remedy to treat acne.
- Take 2-3 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel and mix it with gram flour and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Mix the ingredients well and massage on the skin.
- Keep it on the face for 20 minutes and rinse off.
- After cleaning pat dry your face and apply aloe Vera gel for smooth skin.
4. Homemade scrub for Blackheads:
Yogurt, oatmeal and orange scrub
Oatmeal exfoliates dead skin and absorbs excess oil, orange peel contains citric acid which not only brightens your skin but also kills germs whereas yogurt softens and deeply cleanses your skin. The combination of three is great for easily removal of blackheads.
- Take 1 teaspoon oatmeal , 1 teaspoon of orange peel and 2 teaspoon of yogurt
- Mix them thoroughly and apply the thick coat in circular motions
- Clean your face after 3-4 minutes, pat dry and moisturize your skin with few drops of coconut oil.
- It will hydrate your skin to give you youthful, glowing skin.
Exfoliating honey and brown sugar scrub
Brown sugar deeply cleanses skin, removes dead cells and removes excess oil from skin which is perfect to treat blackheads. It drives out toxins and germs from open pores. Honey is said to have antiseptic and antibacterial properties which kills all the germs and lubricates your skin to leave it smooth. Honey also sticks around on blackheads and pulls them out of open pores when the scrub is rinsed off.
Read more: Facal- Beauty treatment for the face
- In a small bowl mix one tablespoon of honey and brown sugar.
- Apply the mixture onto your face and massage it in circular motions for 2-5 minutes avoiding eyes and mouth.
- Rinse off with warm water
- Pat dry and apply few drops of olive oil to moisturize the skin.
5. Homemade Scrub for Sensitive skin:
Banana and oatmeal scrub
Banana is rich in potassium, vitamin E and vitamin C which promote clear glowing skin. Oatmeal will act as scrub for deep cleansing of your sensitive skin and banana will moisturize your skin and tighten it. Add honey which will act as a hydrating agent and soothe the sensitive skin. You can use cooked oats as well as they are great in treating acne and removes dryness to give you a bright look.
- Mash a banana and 1 teaspoon of oatmeal
- Add one teaspoon of honey
- Gently massage the scrub and rinse it off with cool water.
- This scrub will act as a natural cleanser and will provide a protective layer for your sensitive skin.
Tomato has got antioxidant properties which give you glowing skin. Whether you want to cure rashes on sensitive skin or sooth sunburn or simply to revive glow on dull sensitive skin, Tomatoes are extremely beneficial for skin treatments. Tomato cools skin and neutralizes the surface while yogurt gives protein boost to the skin leaving it soft and supple.
- Take one tomato and cut it in two pieces.
- Dip it in sugar and yogurt mixture.
- Then gently rub it on your face and neck.
- Leave it on the face for 5 minutes and repeat the same steps with the other slice as well.
- You can use oats as a replacement of sugar for a better soothing effect for sensitive skin.
- Wash you face with lukewarm water.
- It not only tones your skin but also moisturizes it.