Acne is major skin problem every individual faces especially in puberty. Youngsters due to hormonal changes in the body tend to get a lot of acne plagues. Youngsters get conscious and tend to lose confidence due to the acne issue. They try oral medications and different beauty products to get rid of acne however get little success with side effects associated with medicines. It’s important to consider your diet which plays a vital role in the functioning of hormones and other body radicals. Foods like ground flaxseed prove to be very beneficial for acne.
AMAZING BENEFITS OF FLAXSEED FOR TREATING ACNE QUICKLY:
- Flaxseeds control the production of oily substance called sebum produced by our skin glands. Due to excess oil on skin dirt gets trapped in skin pores and skin is more prone to acne. Flaxseeds control the excess oil preventing the onset of acne. Consume one or two tablespoons of ground flaxseed daily to get that glowing acne free and younger looking skin.
- Flaxseeds are known to have antioxidant properties which help fight the free radicals and hence preventing skin problems like acne, skin cancer or wrinkles. You can use ground flaxseed to exfoliate your skin. The scrub made from flaxseeds removes the dead cells and rejuvenates the skin to make it silky smooth and acne free. All you need to do is mix ground flaxseed or flaxseed powder with yogurt, honey. Mix the three ingredients well and scrub your face gently for 10-15 minutes. Wash off the face and see the amazing results.
- Flaxseed has essential fatty acids which keep the skin hydrated, moisturized and clean. The cleaner the skin is you are less prone to get acne. Regular intake of flaxseed balances the production of natural oil to keep skin soft not making it too dry or too oily. Flaxseed oil can be used to massage face which prevents irritants from entering skin pores and hence prevents acne as well. Along with prevention of acne you get well moisturized skin.
- Flaxseed has strong anti-inflammatory properties and makes your skin moist internally. Consume two tablespoon of ground flaxseed and you can see the difference in few minutes. It contains 140% value of omega 3 fatty acids and many other nutrients which work great for skin. Flaxseed has high fiber content which leads to dehydration so make sure you drink a lot of water minimum 64 oz a day after consuming ground flaxseeds.
- Inflammation is another important factor that leads to acne formation. The alpha-linoleic acid present in flaxseed is a potent anti-inflammatory ingredient which reduces inflammation in not just face but in some skin conditions as well. Adding flaxseed to your daily diet helps in healthy balance in body and improves the acne condition.
- Obese people have the issue of insulin imbalance in the body. Due to increased levels of insulin one may face the issue of acne. To reduce insulin levels one can regularly intake flaxseed twice or thrice a day to reduce acne issues. The quantity to be taken is 1tbsp. of ground flaxseed for adults. Drink a lot of water after you consume flaxseed. You can increase the dosage to 2tbsp. but only with doctor’s recommendation. To get the maximum benefit consume them within 24 hours of grinding and you can repeat the procedure daily to get the amazing benefits of flaxseed.
- Flaxseeds help in balancing hormone levels which is again a great cause of acne. Due to low levels of thyroid hormone you may tend to face the problem of acne. Flaxseed has the properties which helps in balancing hormones and hence helps in curing acne as well. Not just cure it prevents and stops the occurrence of acne again and again.
- If you have a clean pure blood you may never face the issue of acne. Flaxseed has healthy omega-3 fatty acids which improves the blood circulation and helps clean out digestive tract which ultimately leads to a healthy body and skin.
- Flaxseed also have high level of plant estrogens which helps in reducing inflammation and free radicals from body. Inflammation is also one of the key cause of acne and hence consuming flaxseed helps in reducing acne as well as inflammation.
- Flaxseeds cleans your skin and gives you a beautiful skin you always dreamt of. Not just consumption you can use ground flaxseed as body mask and facial. Mix a tablespoon of ground flaxseed in water and apply it on damp skin. Allow it to dry and wash off. You will find a much clearer and smooth skin. One can even use flaxseed paste to reduce acne.
- Flaxseeds are rich in lignin’s which improves the appearance of skin.
Along with the benefits there are some side effects of flaxseed as well as listed below:
- Flaxseed is safe to consume however it is a rich source of fiber and if you are not used to fiber diet then you may experience constipation, abdominal pain or gastric issues. To overcome these issues drink as much water as you can.
- Flaxseed leads to slow absorption of medications and supplements. Wait for a few hours before or after taking flaxseed.
- If you have problems like diabetes, breast cancer, prostate problems then you should consult a doctor first so that you don’t get any further issues.
Additional Storage tips for best results:
- You can easily buy flaxseeds at food stores or online. Go for the brown ones as they have a stronger flavor than the yellow ones. The yellow ones also have the same benefits.
- Once you open the pack of flaxseeds store them in dry airtight dark container. Make sure to place the container in refrigerator to maintain the health benefits of flax seeds.
- In case you are using ground flaxseeds, make sure you grind them fresh on daily basis to get maximum benefits.
- Flax seeds have high oil content so if the seeds are exposed to air or are placed at warmer temperature then the oil can spoil the flavor and benefits of flaxseeds.
Keep in mind all these side effects and storage measure and you are good to go J