Moles also known as melanocytic naevi is a skin lesion which may appear anywhere on the skin be it face, legs, hand or any other body part. Moles cause no harm and are not be worried about. Most of us have moles and the reason is simple it is because of too many melanocytes(responsible for giving color to the skin) in our skin. In most of the cases, people are not that much concerned about moles and are quite happy with them as a part of their skin because moles on the chin, above lips, are considered as beauty symbols.
Moles can be of any shape flat or raised and can be pink, red, brown or black. But in few cases, moles can be cancerous and these are the one which needs to be treated. Cancerous moles can tend to change in size, shape, and color. Cancerous moles should be immediately checked by the doctor as this may lead to skin cancer.
Few people don’t like moles on their faces and are annoyed by those ugly moles on their face may be because they are too huge or don’t suit your face. People tend to go for surgeries to remove these moles as they have a mentality that they are birthmarks and can only be treated with a surgery. But this is not true. Rather than going for such expensive surgeries why not try out some amazing homemade remedies which can prove out to be really beneficial for you to get rid of those nasty moles which you don’t like on your body at all.
Reasons why Moles are Developed on Your Skin?
- Hormonal changes can be the major cause of formation of moles on your skin. When a person enters teenage he/she tends to undergo hormonal changes and these changes may trigger the formation of moles on the skin. The chances of getting moles are highest in your puberty period.
- The other reason may be genetic as some of us get moles as our birthmarks on our body and they are in our body by birth.
- Pregnancy in ladies can also lead to darkening of moles.
- Moles can also be created by over exposure of skin towards sunlight. The moles can also turn into cancerous ones if not taken care at early stages.
- Oil glands can also lead to male formation.
Here are few miraculous home remedies which do wonders in removing moles naturally. They may take the time to remove moles but are really effective. Try them once and I am sure you will enjoy the result without burning your pockets with expensive treatments.
Garlic proves out to be fastest among all the remedies which give you immediate results when it comes to treating moles. Garlic contains enzymes that can lighten dark moles and also breaks down pigments that are responsible for the formation of moles. Garlic has acidic properties and tends to burn skin so the people with sensitive skin have to be extra careful while using this remedy.
- Take a garlic clove and make the paste from it.
- Protect the area with oil or Vaseline before applying garlic directly.
- Apply the paste and secure it with a bandage and leave it overnight.
- Do this for a week and you will surely get results as it makes the mole fall off.
2. Flaxseed oil and Honey
Flaxseed oil is also a helpful remedy, especially for raised moles. It treats them softens them and loosens them to easily come off. You can combine it with honey as honey is known for its antibacterial and medicinal properties.
- For this, you require flaxseed oil, grounded flax seed powder and you can add honey.
- Add all the three ingredients to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this on the raised moles and keep it for at least an hour.
- Wash your face after an hour and repeat this procedure at least thrice a day for few weeks to get better results.
Iodine is not acidic in nature and good to use for people with sensitive skin. Iodine leads to cell death and elimination of clusters which are responsible for moles. One should not be allergic to iodine if he/she is using this solution. Iodine flakes off moles but if any burning sensation is there discontinue iodine. Iodine removes moles which scarring.
Caution: Do not ingest iodine as it can be dangerous.
- You can buy iodine tincture from any medical shop.
- Apply 5% of iodine solution on the mole.
- Apply a medical tape and leave overnight. Or if you want to apply it multiple times a day instead of using a medical tape apply iodine directly to mole and let it dry.
- Iodine gives you desired results but it may also lead to staining on the skin. To prevent this you can use a lotion before the application to protect the surrounding skin from staining.
4. Castor oil And Baking soda
Castor oil is the most trusted remedy for removing skin abnormalities like moles or warts. The best part about this remedy is it leads to no scarring, staining or any sort of damage on the skin. It is a slow procedure and may take months to make the mole fall off. Castor oil is known to have the ability to disperse pathological growth. Castor oil can be combined with baking soda to get the wondrous results.
- You can directly apply castor oil on the mole on regular basis and leave it overnight. You will have to be patient and do this for months to get rid of that nasty mole.
- The other alternative is to mix one teaspoon of baking soda with three-four drops of castor oil and make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the mole and secure it with a bandage and leave it overnight. Follow this for at least a month to get the best and desired results.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar or I can say it’s a miracle ingredient which is used in countless home remedies and also known to remove mole completely y burning it. ACV has acidic properties as vinegar has malic and tartaric acids which completely removes the mole by dissolving it. Use this remedy only if you can tolerate it as it causes burning and can be disastrous for sensitive skin.
Before using this remedy be sure that you are not allergic to ACV.
- Dip a cotton ball in ACV solution. Make sure you are using diluted solution. Place the ball on the move and press it. Apply a medical tape or bandage and keep it for an hour. Do it daily at least once and you will get rid of that ugly mole in a week or 10 days.
Read more: Home Remedies for Teenage Acne
6. Pineapple and Sea Salt
Pineapple is also one of the fruits known for the enzymes which break down the outer layers of a mole. The combination of pineapple juice with sea salt doubles the results as sea salt breaks down pigments which are responsible for mole formation. You can make a superb scrub and this leads to removal of top layers of skin to lighten moles.
- Take half cup of pineapple juice and one-quarter of coarse sea salt and mix them together to make a scrub.
- You can massage your face with this or simply apply it on the mole and leave it overnight. This will give you a quick result that is within 2-3 weeks.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is known for treating moles and skin warts. Not just minor but it removes the deeply rooted moles and raised moles as well. You may also be sensitive to tea tree oil so you can test that by using it on the small portion of skin.
- Apply few drops of tea tree oil on the mole using Q-tip and brush it or massage the oil on the mole.
- Secure it with a gauge and leave it overnight. Do this for a month and you will the results without any harm to the skin like scarring and skin marks.
8. Onion Juice
Due to its acidic properties onion is known to remove moles by protruding the skin layers. Onion also gives you even skin tone along with the removal of moles.
- Take one onion and extract juice out of it. Dip a cotton ball in onion juice and apply it on the mole for 30 minutes. You can follow this twice or thrice a day to get swift results.
- You can combine onion juice with apple cider vinegar as well and apply it. The goodness of both will treat mole faster and you will get rid of the mole within a month.
Most people are not aware of Frankincense. This is an essential oil which works in layer by layer fashion to remove moles and also makes mole dry so that removal can be easier. It works as an astringent.
- You can dilute this essential oil by mixing olive oil with it. You can add 8 tbsp of olive oil with one tbsp of this essential oil. Apply it to mole and use it regularly for at least a month. Even if the mole disappears use it for few more days to prevent scarring. This may cause irritation. Stop its use immediately if irritation persists.
- You can make an amazing bath from this essential oil. Use one cup of baking soda, sea salt, and few drops of lavender oil and 3-4 drops of Frankincense oil. Add all the four ingredients to lukewarm water and take a hot bath for fifteen minutes. Do it every day for better results.
- You can opt for any of the above methods to treat moles using this essential oil.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a very good ingredient for lightening skin moles and gradually by lightening moles, it removes moles from skin. Aloe Vera is not acidic and causes no harm to the skin so you can continue this remedy for a longer period. Aloe Vera also acts a natural sunscreen and has antibacterial properties.
- You can apply aloe gel or aloe extract regularly on the moles and secure it with cotton so that aloe gel completely penetrates to skin. Keep it for 3-4 hours and do these twice or thrice a day for at least a month or till you get the desired results.
- You can use aloe leaf as well to get the natural extract or buy aloe gel from medical stores.
11. Banana Peels
Banana peels have a lot of enzymes which are responsible for treating moles, make them dry and fall off with time.
- All you need to do is take a banana peel and scrape it over the mole and gently massage it on the mole.
- After the application, you can secure it with a gauge or leave it as it is. You can apply this as many times a day as you want as it doesn’t have any side effects.
Read more: Best Homemade Face Masks for Acne
- Always wear a sunscreen and avoid skin exposure to the sun as this may prevent cancerous moles and reduces pigmentation.
- Exfoliation of skin can also prove out to be very helpful in preventing the occurrence of moles.
- You need to use these home remedies for a prolonged period to get best results. Because this may not happen overnight as moles are embedded in the skin and removing them can take time.
- Keep a check on your moles time to time as the variation in color, shape or size may lead to some cancerous moles or skin cancer if not treated on appropriate time. Seek doctor immediately if you observe any symptoms that are not normal.
- You can apply petroleum jelly on mole before using any home ingredient as in some home remedies like apple cider or garlic due to their acidic nature they may cause irritation especially people with sensitive skin can opt this way.