Every bride hopes to be called absolute beauty, blushing and glowing on her wedding day but a pimple should not spoil it. Having a pimple popped up can be the absolute worst, especially when it happens right before the big wedding day. Don’t freak out as this small pimple shouldn’t come between you and your flawless bridal glow. The major reasons behind these nasty pimples are hormones and improper skin, however, stress can also lead to such conditions. The wedding is a big day as it brings a lot of excitement as well as stress along with it. This stress can lead to these zits on your face.
Here are some ways to deal with zits to make them disappear before your wedding day:
- Cortisone Shot
If you have 24 hours until your wedding and if you see a pimple forming, then immediately call your dermatologist and request a cortisone shot. It is a steroid which is injected into the zit to make it stop growing and turning redder. Your dermatologist will clear the area by extracting the gunk from your pimple leaving no scars on your face. This procedure may lead to puffiness on face however it vanishes in 24 hours. You can get your flawless glow on your wedding day.
- Reduce the redness and soothe the spot
For a temporary solution from the pimple you can use astringent on the spot to reduce the redness caused and soothe it. Go for a good astringent like witch hazel which is an excellent astringent. It minimizes the appearance of pimple so that you can easily cover it up with makeup. Make sure the astringent you use is alcohol free so that you don’t get any further irritation on skin. You can also sooth the zit by trying simple ways like placing an ice cube over the zit or a slice of cucumber. These methods help contact blood vessels to reduce the size of pimple and also combat inflammation caused due to zit.
You can also place a tea bag especially the tannins ones which helps in reducing the swelling and also helps in fight bacterial infection.
You can also shrink the pimple using sulphur based drying lotion which penetrates deep down the skin and helps blemishes to shrink.you can use a device like Zeno which helps in reducing the size of zits by beating the swelling.
Toothpaste is an excellent way to dry out pimples in few hours. Use white toothpaste instead of gel formula. Apply it on zit and leave it overnight. You can use the classic Colgate toothpaste for the same.
If you have a sensitive skin then skip the idea of using toothpaste as it can be harsh or irritate your skin. Rather try the other methods mentioned.
- Conceal it
If you still have a zit mark or a small scar left then covering it with the right makeup is the key to get that gorgeous flawless bridal look. Additional to makeup you can also use a good tinted anti-blemish cream if you have an acne prone skin. This cream works great in eliminating blemish overnight. After the use of this cream use a correcting cream to reduce redness and as a final step use a concealer in crisscross motion. Use a translucent powder for touchup. Be careful in choosing the right concealer for your skin. It should closely match your skin complexion.
- Green tea
We all are aware of the benefits of green tea and fighting acne is one of them as green tea has anti-inflammatory properties. For faster results to get that pimple off all you need to do is boil a pot of green tea and take the tea bag out. Once the green tea water is cooled, soak a cotton ball into it and swipe it onto the pimple or simply dab the water onto the affected area.
- Don’t pop it
The biggest mistake you may end up doing is pop the zit as it can be tempting and people think by popping it they will get rid of it. If the pimple is not ready to pop it may leave a scar behind. A scar which may be bridal makeup won’t be able to hide. You can pop a pimple when you have time as scar fade with time but don’t try this before or on your wedding day. Try out some other solutions instead.
- Spot treatment
There are alot of spot treatment lotions available in market which helps in getting rid of zits overnight. They have potent acne fighting ingredients like sulphur, salicylic acid which shrink the pimple right away. Just apply the lotion on pimple and you will see the results in morning.
- Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is one of the best things you can do to treat that annoying acne before your wedding day. Tea tree oil has amazing properties go treat acne and thus it is a major ingredient in most of the acne treatment products.it works as a solvent which eliminates clogged pores and hence reduces zits. All you need to do is in a cup mix one teaspoon of tea tree oil with nine teaspoons of water to dillute it. Dab a cotton ball in the solution and apply it on pimple. Or you can also apply tea tree oil directly on pimple and leave it overnight. The pimple will disappear next morning giving you a clear face.
- Aloe Vera Gel
For people with sensitive skin this is the perfect solution for you. Aloe Vera soothes the pimple as well as reduces swelling as it has anti-bacterial properties. You can buy aloe Vera gel from a store or you can directly apply aloe Vera extract on the pimple overnight and find a glowing and wedding ready skin.
Honey is an ingredient which can actually prove out to be great in curing acne overnight. Honey has anti-bacterial properties that help in reducing the size of zits. Although it is sticky and can clog the pores but it’s medicinal properties make it perfect solution for acne. Simple apply a small amount of honey on pimple and leave it for an hour and rinse off. Don’t leave overnight as it is sticky.
Eggs prove out to be a great solution as it is a rich source of protein and other ingredients. Separate the egg white from the yolk and mix it well. Apply the egg white on pimple and leave it for 20minutes. It reduces swelling due to pimples and of you has scars then egg white is perfect. The enzymes in egg white work as skin lighteners.
Additional measures to avoid a pimple pop just before wedding:
- Don’t exfoliate your face the week before your wedding. We know it’s against what you may have heard for a healthy skin routine but it’s better to stick to mild, gentle cleansers for the skin rather than heavy lifting exfoliators’. Skin exfoliation is great for the months leading to wedding to deeply cleanse your skin and enhance your skin texture however it can be little harsh the week before wedding as it may lead the face turn red and irritated. So go simple and gentle on your skin the week before your wedding.
- Make sure whatever cloth you are using to clean your face and skin should be cleaned on a regular basis as towels retain moisture and allow bacteria to breed. If you use such towels to wipe your face then it may cause a massive wedding pimple pop out. So for the sake of your skin make laundry a priority.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your skin and try using a light weight moisturizer as oily ones or heavy lifted ones can lead to breakouts. Apply thin layers morning and night to get a consistent skin care for your skin before wedding.
- Make sure you skin your makeup at least for a week or two before wedding as all your hard work of perfecting your skin for the wedding will be ruined if you sleep with makeup on. It leads to eye bags, and if proper cleansing before going to bed is not done so a pimple pop out is common.
- Your hair routine can also cause pimples and zits. The hair products can get on your face and block the skin pores leading to itchiness and irritation. Products with fragrance, oils and gels should be avoided. Go for gentle shampoos and conditioner which are sulfate free to avoid breakouts.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands as hands may have bacteria and touching them on face leads to acne. Even if you get a pimple before your wedding day don’t freak out and pop it. Let your makeup artist do the job of hiding it.
- Hydrate your skin. Drink a lot of water to flush out toxins and hence it prevents the formation of acne and pimples.
- Control your eating habits as too much junk and spicy food may lead to breakouts.
- Hide from sun as UV rays cause irritation and can cause serious skin damage as well as zits. Protect yourself from sun by wearing hats, protective clothes and a good sunscreen off course.
Follow these ways to treat the pimple and take care of the preventive measures as well so that you can avoid an annoying pimple on your wedding day. Stress and wedding go hand in hand and so do stress and pimples. So just keep your calm and get set to marry on.